Sunday, August 18, 2013

Moraxella

We got the results of the bronchoscopy.  It showed that she had cultured a type of bacteria called moraxella, so we started treating it with an antibiotic (Suprax).  Moraxella isn't one of the scary ones in CF that cause a lot of problems, thank goodness.

She started Pulmozyme on Monday to help break up the thick mucus and at first she wasn't sure about this whole nebulizer thing, but the last few times we did it she decided to stop fighting us.  So that's progress!

She isn't coughing or wheezing anymore and is back to her happy little self again!

She has clinic on the 11th so I'll update again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment