Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Clinic 04/10/13

E had a pretty good clinic visit today!  She's been feeling great for the last month and a half or so.  No more coughing or congestion.  Yay!

She weighed 18 lbs 10 oz and is still 27 in long. 

Her weight is good but the dietician wants us to try to get a few extra calories into her every day.  I really do try to give her an extra bottle most days but she very rarely takes it.  So we'll work on that.

Also, Dr. R mentioned that he wanted us to come in for a throat culture in between clinic visits.  Since she is being seen every two months right now and it will change to every three months after she turns a year old, he doesn't want to risk her getting a bug that we don't know about until it has already made a nice little home in her lungs!  (Those weren't his words but that's pretty much how I understood it!)  From what he told me, this is not something that all clinics do.  But I'm realizing more and more how proactive he is and I think it's great that he wants to know as soon as possible if she cultures pseudomonas so that we can treat it and keep it from causing too many problems.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that your little angel is feeling better :) Your dr. is a good man staying on top of the cultures is truly an important thing to do in a youngster. I honestly still try to go to my CF clinic every 8-10 weeks to stay on top of things. It looks like its paying dividends for me. No pseudomonas for over a year and no inhailed antis for over a year. I guess I am doing something right!! Keep up the good work Amy and enjoy every minute of being with your family :)

    ReplyDelete