Sunday, November 11, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We're home!!

Dr. R said that we could leave on Sunday instead of Monday if it would be easier for us so of course we said yes.  She is feeling great, no more coughing, and I think we all would like to sleep in our own beds again.  We made a Clinic appointment for mid December so I'm hoping we don't have any issues before then.

The doctor that discharged us today gave us very strict instructions about how to keep her healthy this winter.  She told us to wash our hands ALL THE TIME!  Keep her away from sick people (obviously).  And if someone in the house is sick they should probably go somewhere else for a few days, or send E somewhere else for a few days.  Not sure how that one is going to work out but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  She also talked about all the holiday parties we will have coming up and said our best bet is to skip them altogether.  I'm a little confused because a few months ago they were telling us not to put her in a bubble, but this is sounding a little bubblish to me.  I guess a hospitalization at 5 months old will change things, though.

Anyway, we're home and so happy to go back to our normal routine.  Thank you to all of our friends and family who have helped us out over the last two weeks.  I don't know how we would have made it through all of this without you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Amy! Nice to "meet" you. I've added your blog to the CF Blogroll! Good luck staying germ-free this winter. That is a big theme in our house as well... my husband and I have instituted some pretty stringent precautions to keep the germs away from me, since just about every cold ends up with me in the hospital. This year I'm even more nervous than normal, since I'm pregnant, which is a huge blessing but adds quite a layer of complication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you by the CF blogroll. What a cute, chubby baby; she looks wonderful! I have a bunch of kids, 2 with CF. Looking forward to reading more ~

    ReplyDelete