Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's Never "Just a Cold" With Her

Two weeks ago E started to get a cold.  Her big sisters had colds the week before and they were coughing a lot at night so I knew it was only a matter of time before she got it.  After a few days, E's coughing began. It wasn't anything I would worry about with any other baby, but with E the cough is our warning sign that a CF flare up could be coming.  If it doesn't go away in 5-7 days, that means it's not "just a cold."  On day 8 of her cough, I talked to the clinic nurse and she said that we'll need to start another round of antibiotics.  So she's back on Cephalexin for the next 3 weeks.

I'm starting to wonder if this will be the cycle we go through every month.

Luckily this time she doesn't seem to be bothered by it.  She's as happy as ever aside from the coughing.  I have no way to know how she really feels inside but I would like to think if it was bad she would let me know!

2 comments: